Friday, August 20, 2004

we now return to our regularly scheduled post


Well, I guess I did it. Went to the post office today and mailed that evil cow back her purse. It cost me $4.04.

There’s been much debate about this because Scott strongly felt that I shouldn’t do anything to “accommodate” her. I guess it just goes back to our different philosophies. I didn’t look at it as doing something for her, I looked at it as doing something for me. It was the right thing for me to do.

Trust me, I was strongly pulled by all the WRONG things to do. I was given many pointers by my lunch buddies, of whom I’m now afraid of pissing off. Things like filling it with poop and sending it back, etc. But then it got more extreme. Like putting sardines or lunchmeat in it and letting it sit outside and then sending it back. Scary. It wasn’t things I wanted to do that I was afraid of, it was things I wanted to say.

Things like how could you cut your only child out of your life rather than try to see that you are part of the problem?? Things like how can you have said those things about me, about us? I’m not saying I was above blame, but I really did try hard to keep the lines of communication going between them and I feel like I just somehow went horribly awry. Like it’s somehow my fault that it degenerated to this. To having a dead mother in law. It makes me very very sad.

Just makes me think about the kid thing again. There are just so many potential for things to go wrong. It’s scary. Maybe Jen’s right. Maybe it’s not that I don’t want them, I’m just overcome by fear. But, I think if you look at my family history, my husband’s family history and many of the family’s I’ve been exposed to – it starts to shed some light on all of that. But we digress.

Note -- this blog was originally typed from work but blogger wouldn't let me send. A different spin but another theory.

So, this chapter with the evil cow has drawn to a close. We’ll see what the future holds. I’m quite certain she’s still out there wearing those ruby slipper waiting for the house to drop on her...

3 comments:

Cattiva said...

Betcha money she'll find something else to contact you guys about. Just seems to fit her MO.

You didn't put a note in the package did you?

Heather said...

Naw, but I wanted to really bad!

Cattiva said...

Good! Let her wonder what you guys are thinking and if she got to you.

Sorry you have to deal with this, BTW. Not sure if I've actually told you that before.


Popular Posts