Monday, August 16, 2004

I didn't have internet last night (the HORROR), so I had to write something in Word. It's funny but since I have more people in my circle blogging these days, I'm suddenly feeling more bloggery. Now when I have less time than ever!!

Here's the post -- later!

August 15, 2004 11:56pm

Sometimes while Scott and I are in the middle of another one of our ironing out (with a steamroller, I might add) sessions over our communication issues, I will come to a realization about the nature of our problem. It will be as if a door opened up in my head. With the light POURING in… It’s how I imagine having an epiphany of a religious sort must feel. Like a brain orgasm. ::bam::

And the thing about that that is so frustrating is that I will try to share this with him and he just doesn’t have the same reaction. It’s like an A-HA moment and I’m left all alone with it. And don’t tell me it isn’t possible to have that with another person because we’ve totally had that happen. One of us will spark with an idea and the other one is right there – throwing kerosene on it and really getting it GOING. So, when I have these moments and they’re not shared that is a very hard thing. I guess I just forget sometimes that we really are two separate people. I’m not sure that’s a good or bad thing but I know he has that sensation sometimes too.

That’s actually what the aha moment was about. The realization that DUH I think we’re the same person which is why I make so many assumptions. I assume he will feel the same way that I do about everything and many times he assumes the same thing. He will share information that seems to want to pique my interest – because it piques HIS interest. I do that too. It’s the constant search for validation.

Which again is a good and bad thing. Because he really does validate me in many things. Just not always the areas I “expect” to be validated in.

Anyways, it was the epiphany thing I was focusing on but got sidetracked by WHAT the epiphany was about. It’s a “forest for the trees” approach to conversation which I am quite often guilty of.

It’s not often I have the sensation of having an explosion only in my brain. Especially the older I get and the less I seem to be exposed to new ideas, new thoughts, new… Anything. That’s why I like meeting new people. It’s like the modern version of explorers sharing stories of the lands they’ve visited. Here’s what we’ve got here… WOW, that’s crazy – I’ve never heard of anything like that before. ::bam:: Here we have THIS instead. WOW, that’s what’s really crazy – no one’s ever heard of anything like that before.

:::bam:::

2 comments:

Cattiva said...

Easy there, Emeril.

Sorry, couldn't resist...BAM!

T - Another Geek Girl said...

Wow
You HAVE been blogging a long time!

I have many Heather's sister, friends... I should make a movie!
I'll call it Heathers..
no that'sbeen taken already!

hmmmmmmm

Hi Catt... nosing into your comments... well I'm at work and bored!


Popular Posts