Thursday, February 05, 2004

Ok, now I'm a little pissed

I don't usually allow this celebrity bs to get under my skin, but listen to this...

In case you've been living under a rock, Justin Timberlake ripped off half of Janet Jackson's shirt during the Stupid Bowl this past Sunday. There was a HUGE muckty-doo over this (you can read about it at the drudge report) and NOW Janet has been banned from presenting or performing at the Grammy's.

Not Justin.

Maybe it's because he's up for an award and she isn't, but I don't care. Isn't this a bit of a double standard here?

He's the one that ripped her shirt, for pity's sake.

No wonder rape victims are villified in this country that they were bringing it on themselves.

Okay, okay -- that was a bit extreme, but let's get serious here. Yes, it was her Ninja star encrusted nipple that was displayed on national television (during the dinner hour -- gasp -- in some markets) but it's not like it just appeared there. He ripped her shirt open. Why is he escaping the controversy?

That just pisses me off. And yes, if I get pissed off over things like this my life must be fairly easy and carefree, but who cares? Yeah, it's being done to a celebrity and has no impact on my daily life.

Today. But, let's suppose that something similar were to happen to me. Scott and I are at one of his parents cult conventions (his dad's a Shriner, I think it's a cult) and as a "stunt" he decides to put a big chocolate handprint on my boob. This would be like I was asked to leave for HAVING the handprint, and them letting him stay (and even letting him sing a little number) even though he left the handprint.

You get me?

And no one's allowed to leave handprints on my boobs, for future reference.

Later.

No comments:


Popular Posts