Sunday, February 22, 2004

colds suck

You know, when you're sick you're really alone. Unless you throw a party and invite everyone to hang out around you and mourn for you in your sickness. Which is just such a Heather thing to do. Although, honestly the party part had long been planned out whereas the sick part was pretty unexpected.

But, what're you gonna do? I'm riding it out. But I am really bad about being sick. It's not like I'm so sick that I can't do regular things, I just really don't have the drive to do them much anymore. I don't feel like getting up off the couch and getting water or eating or whatever, but these things have to be done.

It really sucks when your cold medication lets you down. I was a big Aleve fan, even in spite of the medicine-headiness, but it has done NOTHING for this situation whatsoever. My cold laughs in the face of Aleve while I spew snot. I can no longer remember simple things, like it's impolite to blow your nose in front of rooms full of people. What the fuck do I care? They can breathe, I can't -- I don't see them feeling bad about breathing, why should I feel bad at trying to be like them? Is that so wrong, really??

Here it is, the last night of my favorite show and I should be hanging out in fully Sex & the City regalia, wearing a pink tutu and too many strands of pearls and I've got jammies and a red nose instead.

Self-pity isn't even enjoyable when you're sick. It's not like you have to work for the sympathy like you do the rest of the time. People take one look at you and sympathy exudes from their pores. I don't want their sympathy, I want them to bring me things! What good is your pity doing me while you're just standing there?

It is the only time you can get away with being a demanding, whiny princess. But you're supposed to blow on the soup before you spoon it to me."

I'm going back to my couch. It loves me. It understands me. It cradles my poor snot infested head.

Ah, now that'ssexy!

HP

No comments:


Popular Posts