Monday, January 03, 2005

Who didn't expect me to rip off Bridget Jones one of these days?

New year's resolutions broken: 0. I only ever resolve not to make resolutions, a pretty easy one to keep.

Calories consumed: Who's counting? When you don't make a resolution to lose the weight you desperately need to lose, no need to count calories.

Cigarettes smoked: Since midnight on 1/1, maybe 1. I felt terribly guilty about it though, if that counts.

Husbands shagged: 1. :-) HAPPY New Year!

Cousins I've hung out with: 1. My cousin the Original Gangsta is temporarily in the area until the Navy has other plans for him. It was pretty cool, but weird to hang out with someone who really is in a completely different generation than I am. At least there is some comfort in the fact that he was born during Reagan's first administration, rather than the second.

TV shows I became obsessed with: 1. Gilmore Girls. I always knew that I would like this show if I had the time to watch it and now thanks to TiVo -- I do! I had a little marathon yesterday while accidentally drinking an entire bottle of wine. The Girls rock. The dialogue is snappier than Pop Rocks, but without the guilty pleasure aspect because it's just GOOD. Low carb Pop Rocks!!

Running off now for my other obsession -- Never Change by Elizabeth Berg. My aunt (the Gangsta's mom) was listening to the book on tape while she was here helping out during the "bad times". She HIGHLY recommended it, and I idolize the woman so I'm pretty much going to do her bidding. All I can say is that I am quite greatful that the object of my idolization has great taste in books. (This is, of course, not a newsflash.) The book is this... Well, I'm no good at describing things, so here's a link: Never Change. I'm just so INVESTED in the main character of this book, and I know she's going to get her heart broken... Anyways, it's a great book. [Shameless aside to my most avid reader: Catt, your book group may like this. It's pretty short and definitely a quick read if I didn't have such a short attention span.]

kisses ~

3 comments:

alice, uptown said...

The Gilmore Girls do rock -- definitely not a mom of my mother's generation, and both of my parents were out of sync with the world in a way that would not make for PG-rated TV.

As for Elizabeth Berg, she writes good domestic fiction, but I like Elinor Lipman just as much and Alice Adams -- who was from an older generation -- a lot more.

And just one cig since 1/1 -- applaud yourself, don't feel guilty. When I quit smoking after 25 years, it was a much longer process. And I still miss it, and any ex-smoker who says otherwise is too PC for her own good.

Cattiva said...

Thanks for the head's up on the book. Coincidentally, I just finished reading "Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason." I thoroughly enjoyed it. Haven't seen the movie, though.

Adam said...

Reagan's first administration huh? That's never really crossed my mind. Now that you mention it I guess that it is better that I was born during the first rather than the second. I'm filled with happiness just thinking about it. I am definitely a Gangsta, but the Original Gangsta is still Jabba. Just like Jesus: Accept no substitutes!


Popular Posts