Friday, December 31, 2004

Scott's grounded

I leave that man out of my sight for just a few hours, and he comes home with tales of some girl at the bar "talking him up" between rounds of foos-ball. I don't like that. Meanwhile, I'm out in the world with NO makeup on and no chance of being able to come back with similar stories, since I literally do not have my game face on.

Which is really what I came here to blog about but then I get sidetracked by stories of women talking to my boy while he's out with his troublemaking friends. Yes, I am the jealous type -- no, I don't care if it's unattractive. I don't like it. Period. No point dragging it out though, because it only makes Evil Husband play Devils Advocate with me to get a rise out of me. (Would you be upset if I bought her a couple of drinks? How about if she bought me drinks? That depends, dear... Would you be upset if you woke up with your new 19" monitor protruding from your behind??)

Anyways... No makeup. Anyone that has ever read my blog knows how I feel about my makeup. I don't leave the house without it. Even "no makeup" for me usually only REALLY means "no eyeliner." But, today, after days of flakiness I just decided -- fuck it. Spent the whole day in public with no makeup on. Gotta tell you. It was refreshing. Had a mini crying jag today (was missing Dad) and didn't have to worry about mascara running. Could answer the phone without having to wipe off half my face afterwards. In short, I may be turning over a new leaf. I think I can learn to live without having my game face on -- my "A" makeup OR my "B" makeup -- every day and start taking a break.

The biggest thing I will have to learn to live with would be all the comments. Are you feeling okay? Are you tired? Are you sick? Are you getting enough sleep? Yes, no, no, yes -- you stupid people, I just get tired of wearing makeup every friggin' day! GAWD!

That's all for tonight -- if I don't see you before, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Cattiva said...

I gave up make-up for Lent several years ago. It's liberating and hubby is used to it now.

Enjoy.

Red said...

Sorry, uh-uh. No. You'll have to pry the mascara wand from my cold, dead, rigormortis-ey hand.

...and then I'll just haunt you.


Popular Posts