Monday, December 27, 2004

While I am waiting for my Tylenol PM to kick in (God bless it), I thought I would tell you a mini-review of all the movies I saw over the holiday weekend.

Lemony Snickett's A Series of Unfortunate Events -- Loved it. Very cute, very story book like. Definitely something I could take my kids to go see and not be afraid of damaging their psyches. Not that I have kids, but if I did I am sure I wouldn't want their psyches damaged.

Closer -- Loved this too. It was the movie equivalent of a very fine dessert. Something that's not your average thing to sink your teeth into. You get just enough of a glimpse of the people to know you wouldn't want to be much closer to them because you know they would cause you harm...

Napoleon Dynamite -- Just out on video and got sucked into the buzz of it. We both had a blast over this one. Very silly. Napoleon is just the geek to end all geeks and just seems completely annoyed with the world at ALL times, but in a very funny way. No matter how geeky you may have been in high school, this movie will probably make you feel much better about it. "What are you going to do today, Napoleon?" "God, whatever I want to, okay!"

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zisou -- This is a bad, bad movie. It was NOT for me. I guess I'm not cool enough to have the right kind of sense of humor for this. And I wanted to. But, less than halfway through it, I wound up not paying attention anymore and sending text messages to anyone who would answer them. "Help me, I'm trapped watching a bad movie!" Gload I didn't pay to see it.

The Flight of the Phoenix -- VERY cheesy, but I did get sucked in. But, if you are lactose intolerant, you may want to avoid this movie altogether.

Monster -- Just released to cable. Wow. This was DISTURBING. I do believe that Selby was using Aileen all along and when things went South, she turned on her -- but this is just my opinion.

That's all we've got and the PM is kicking in, so I'm kicking out.


No comments:


Popular Posts