Monday, June 21, 2004

This edition of Bridezilla News brought to you by Dr. Bling

I recently read an article about bridal jewelry. The author was disparaging the bride's choice of accessories, saying that they were obviously cheap rhinestoney things. I am not that sure where I read this article but I really wish I could find the person who wrote it so I could poke a stick in his/her eye.

A really sharp one.

I was ready to give in to the cheap blingy accessories, but every time I almost do I can hear these words in my head. Which is very frustrating, because the non-cheap looking accessory that will perfectly complement my dress does not freaking exist.

I have searched high, I have searched not high and I'm telling you -- it AIN'T like Ragu, it AIN'T in there.

It's the nightmare of the invitations all over again. Looking at the same stuff over and over again that's almost right, but not quite. It's very important that I find something that doesn't make my dress look tacky because otherwise what was the point of spending all that money on the friggin' dress, right?? And the thing is that what I am visualizing in my head is not some crazy thing -- it's somewhat simple, somewhat sparkly and as close to elegant as I will ever get. I even had something almost exactly like it, but the pearls were the wrong color. Sigh.

Tonight, I thought my search was over. I should have known better when I realized I was in a store that had necklaces hanging OUTSIDE the case that were priced at $116. I mean, if that's what's hanging outside for anyone to take what could possibly be the prices of the one I was so enamored of INSIDE the case??

Two hundred and eighty five dollars.

American.

I mean, come on. It's rhinestones and silver, let's get serious here. At Claire's it would have been 2.85.

It was embarrassing to not even have her pull it out when I found out the prices, but there was no way that I was going to let that thing get near my neck and risk loving it. I may be crazy but I am NOT stupid.

So, the search continues... I'll have to go again -- the viruses are taking over my computer again. It's kind of like working with dynamite, you just never know how long you're going to get...

No comments:


Popular Posts