Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Sugar and Spice

Over the past few weeks, I have had an interesting dialogue with Katrina about the nature of good and evil... No, not in the Universe -- in me. You see, I have been trying to convince her that I am basically a mean girl. I say mean things, I think mean things, and it's because I am mean. I don't say this because I think it's great that I'm mean, but I admit that there are times that I do get a kick out of it.

She thinks I am full of shit.

She may be right. (Mark this day on your calendar, Katrina.)

Well, more right than not at least. I am pretty mean, but there's a lot of niceness in there too. And truthfully, I get a really big kick of doing nice things for people and saying nice things to them. (Scott would likely heartily disagree with this -- but HE'S full of shit on that score.) I even get the warm fuzzies. But, it doesn't have the same sense of fun to it that being mean does.

It's kind of like the difference between eating milk and cookies versus doing tequila shots. There's a certain satisfaction derived from both of them, but there's something about doing a shot of tequila that makes you feel a little dirty and raunchy for doing it. Fun, but dirrrrty.

I have a few friends whom I frequently try to empower to better themselves and their lives. To make them realize that THEY have the power within them to be happy and to get what they want. A ruby red slipper bit of a kick in the ass. This is the happy medium of being nice and being mean -- you're telling people that they are good people and showing them all of the potential that they have while simultaneously giving them a kick in the ass to force them to boost themselves up to this potential. Scott says it's all part of my plan to take over the world. "The same thing we try to do every day -- take over the world..."

But, is that so bad?? That my "evil plan" is to try to make people realize their potential?

Guess I'm guilty then.

Bridezille signing off... Soon to be Wifezilla in just 23 more days now. ;-)

No comments:


Popular Posts