Sunday, June 20, 2004

I was talking to my godmother today and finally came up with an accurate analogy of what it is to be Inside Bridezilla's Head... It's kind of like no matter what I'm doing, no matter what's going on, I constantly have ticker running along the bottom of my brain screen of all the things left to do or figure out or whatever about the wedding. ALL the time. Like CNN. Tickety tickety tickety.

This means that I can be sitting and having a completely normal conversation with someone (on those rare occasions when that still occurs) but the whole time the ticker is running... Do I need to go buy those bubbles or did my mother? Where have I not looked for jewelry yet? What should I get the bridesmaids for gifts? What time should we meet for our hair stuff? When are we going to get the marriage license? Wonder if I still have time to find a reading for the ceremony? Signing plate, have to remember to get the signing plate...

Constantly. I really wonder how long it will take for my brain to return to a normal state of affairs after all this is over??

Scott has a friend whose wife STILL talks about her wedding -- and they have been married for like 10 years. The only time I ever met her she was asking if Scott still had some of the pictures from that day, since he was in the wedding. Which I am sure that he would still have if he were a girl or gay. Which, I can vouch, he is NEITHER.

I do have a fear that this could happen to me.

All I know is that when the day is come and gone I just hope that it's just like most other stressful things I have gone through in my life -- it just gets flushed away like it never even happened.

Except for the good stuff. Like the words we are saying to each other and the meaning behind them. Y'all, there will not be a dry eye in the house. I'm thinking of having my face shellacked in order to maintain some level of dignity. Either that or having cups temporarily installed below my eyes in order to prevent myself from drowning. Frankly, standing up with Scott and getting to say all those things in front of all my friends and family is the only reason that I am looking forward to this thing.

Bridezilla goes corny... and to bed! I only get about 7 minutes at a time on this computer anyways before the evil pop-up comes in and locks up my computer and the time is just about

No comments:


Popular Posts