Thursday, March 02, 2006

mmm... let's give them nothing to talk about...

This is one of most favorite ironic things to talk about -- the fact that there's nothing to talk about. The Librarian and I have been talking ad nauseum this week about how there's nothing to talk about. A fact she's been dying to talk to me about.

With all of this talking, how can there not be any talking??

But, it's the same with the bloggins, so feel free to interchange the words if you care to know why it's been a year since I last posted.

Now that she and I are in the early, no kid years of our marriages, we have no drama. There is nothing to talk about. He's going to call, he's going to email, he already proposed, but he still won't put the bag in the trashcan when he takes out the trash -- if he takes out the trash. But, really, how much can you talk about that?

Sunshine is pouring out of my ass and I'm watching way too much tv and whatever -- there is nothing to talk about. I really think this is why I may be a better listener than I ever used to be -- I'm not constantly trying to interrupt with my own stories. I don't have any stories.

I firmly believe that people get bored with all of the lack of drama and decide to have the kids in order to spice it up. Once you have the kids, you will NEVER run out of things to talk about. Money and food and sanity -- yes, you'll run out of that, but who cares about that as long as you have conversational fodder?!

I often wonder if I'm strong enough to ride out the lack of drama and really stick to my "no kids" thing. Because no matter how many times many of you tell me I want/need/should have the kids, I really do not feel a yearning. The Librarian (who needs a new nickname -- how about KSquare? Kind of like K Fed. SHUT UP!) says if I don't want to have the kids, I shouldn't have the kids and really I should just shut up about it. (Okay, I'm not sure if she said the shut up about it part, but she doesn't have her own blog so whatever.)

But, it's on my mind because I feel like it should be, and I know that Scott wants them and I know how left out I'm going to feel when all of my kids have the kids and I don't and then what a slave to peer pressure I am because Lord knows I don't have time to go out and make new friends or I would have done that already...

Hey, at least it gives me something to talk about!

So, what do people in mostly happy, normal (well, normal for us) relationships talk about before they have the kids? TV? Books? Other people's kids? I really can't picture myself getting upset because Malcolm didn't get into the right preschool -- so, he'll have to eat paste at home, what IS the big deal?

Anyways, when my Strippercize class debuts their routine on the catwalk of JB's, THEN I'll have something to talk about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got LOT'S of dollar bills and even if I don't I will take up a collection;)
just tell me where and when;)

And about the baby thing...I KNEW this would happen...Some of us are here till the end and some of us fall off the wagon;)

oh well...

Lala

Heather said...

I don't think I'm going to go -- if for no other reason (not that there aren't other reasons) than it's pretty late on a school night for domesticated me to be out.

As for the "baby thing," I haven't said one way or the other yet. So, don't go accusing!

And some of us don't move to Colorado... :)


Popular Posts