Friday, September 02, 2005

Queen of the World

It's amazing how proud I am of myself for losing 5 little pounds. So proud that I really hate to diminish the accomplishment by calling them "little." After all, pick up a bag of flour -- that's what I lost this week.

I can't help but think that if I feel this good about losing 5 pounds, how good am I going to feel when I lose lots more??

I really hope it stays around, because I am feeling sassy! I haven't felt sassy in a long time, baby. The way I sashay around, you really would think that I had lost 25.

And the best part is that when something comes up and I say, "Ohhh, I can't have that" I don't even really feel that bad. I feel good that I can't have it and don't feel like giving in.

The flip side is that I'm thinking about the points and how to spread them out all the time. And because I rarely think anything on the inside, I'm talking about the points all the time. The good part of this is that I work with someone equally obsessed, but the bad part is that we don't sit right next to each other. The good part is that we've been talking about it so much around the desks of our coworkers that we inspired another one to do it herself. Yay! More people keeping track of points means more people giving me ideas of things to eat.

Actually, that's not really the challenge yet. The biggest challenge is keeping enough food in the house to eat. My next strategy is working out some sort of meal plan to make it easier to pack my lunch and such.

Anyways, I'm still excited. Week one going smashingly!

No comments:


Popular Posts