Sunday, September 26, 2004

"You might be procrastinating writing your research paper when..."

*you can't fight the urge to blog, which has been absent for the last several days

*you have the urge to exercise and get fresh air, both of which are usually dreaded more than going to the dentist in the average person

*you wish you had a dental appointment, as getting your teeth drilled is a less painful alternative than the idea of sitting down and putting your rambling thoughts into a coherent paper

*you consider watching football with your sleeping spouse

*you do laundry or dishes, vacuum, or mentally redesign your bathroom/kitchen/whole f-ing house

*you feel compelled to do Math homework

*you decide it's time to finish writing those thank you notes from your (no-so)recent wedding

*you offer to cook dinner

*you catch up on your correspondence, phone calls with the air of one who is about to do hard time in prison

*you clean the catbox

*you start trying to write your Christmas list or trying to come up with things to do for New Years Eve

*you shop online... after all, many presents to buy for coming events, can't put that off!

*you play Solitaire as if you were about to enter a national competition

*you actually balance your checkbook

*you consider dropping out of school but realize you would have to pay back your employer since it's after the official Add/Drop date

And therefore, you go back to writing your research paper....

4 comments:

Cattiva said...

Guilty as charged. I have another paper due Tuesday. Guess what I'm doing?

Heather said...

Darn, I forgot to mention reading and commenting on OTHER people's blogs! And wow, Tuesday. What I wouldn't give for just one more day! (Never mind the 30+ days I've been aware of the paper...)

Anonymous said...

I am reading your blog while I am putting off all the studying and reading I have to do...Surprised? Didn't think so ; ) I hope you get it done chickie!

R

Cattiva said...

I forgot to mention the quiz I have tomorrow first thing. I'll just get up early and read the chapter.

So hey...when do you want to ride the park?? First landing? We're ready when you say the word.


Popular Posts