Friday, September 17, 2004

It's been rather random inside Heather's head... Here are some of the things I jotted down that I wanted to throw on the blog...

I got to talk to My Diane, one of my favorite people in the world last night, and she was asking about the wedding. And I was like OH, that was soooo long ago. I think she thought something was remiss with my tone, but it's no -- it was just so long ago. It's amazing how 2 months can seem like such a long time when things that happened years and years ago seem to have just happened. I am ALWAYS amazed by this -- it's one of the most intriguing parts about getting older, to me.

Diane says she doesn't have a savings plan for retirement because her plan is for her kids to be rich and take care of her. I replied that I have Scott for this. He replied with a big, booming Scott-like HA!

We don't really want to be rich though, Diane and I, we just want to have enough money to take a trip. I think she feels a little guilty that she couldn't come to the wedding. To which I responded -- I would rather have you visit my MARRIAGE than my wedding, then you can really see what it's like and I can really get to spend time with you.

Other thoughts... Sometimes when someone asks me something, I get so wrapped up in my explanation that I have actually forgotten the question. I'm searching their faces that my answer is getting closer to the question, some sort of sign. Sometimes I see it and I'll keep talking about what I'm talking about. Wouldn't it be easier to just admit that I've forgotten the question or didn't understand it?

"The Apprentice" is back and it's better than ever -- my tv addiction will never end! I get so irritated whenever the men isolate a woman to be fired and I always think "Oh it's because she's a woman and she's strong..." But in the reverse situation, I always think "Oh the man's an ass and he deserves it!" Um, oops! [Sidenote: Cannot BELIEVE that Bradford was so dumb he let himself get fired when he had a FREEBIE! Dumb dumb dumb -- he deserved to be fired!]

Favorite Apprentice quotes: "Mosaic is kicking our ass in such a big way and we don't even know it."

"You could put dog feces in this that ice cream and it is going to taste good."

Yikes -- seriously need to go to work!

No comments:


Popular Posts