Saturday, September 18, 2004

I've been worshipping at the altar of my rabbit again. If you can get past the subject line, scroll down to the 9/15 piece and there we have the single person's take on "The Child Thing." I LOVE the fact that she calls herself a "thirty-something childless whore who loves her dog a little too dearly".

It's not that I regret taking the leap into settled down and NOT swingle, but it's comments like that that make me miss that attitude of being single and not settled down. The busting doors down and Full Heather Jacket in your face attitude. Frankly, it didn't win me a lot of friends or influence anyone, but damn it -- it was fun for me. And in the overall scheme, who matters more? If I'm fun for everyone else and not for me, what is the friggin' point??

As for winning friends and influencing people, just to digress -- I can't really be bothered to do that even now. I mean, shit, I don't even have time for the friends I have NOW -- how dare I try to bring anyone else into the ranks? It's some weird addiction to people that makes me keep reaching out, maybe. There's this girl in my math class that's pretty cool. We joke together about how taxed our brains are. It really brings me back to high school and Grace Shen and I in the back of Algebra II/Trig, Sophomore year. That was maybe some of the most fun I had in high school... Anyways, enough on that some other time. Perhaps in Heather's long lost friends episode. (Note just for me: this will always make me think of sexually transmitted diseases, eh?) Where was I? Ah, girl in math class. I realized that I wished we could become friends when she uttered the phrases "conjunction junction, what's your function?" right after it had just ran through my head. 'This is not a reference everyone is familiar with, these people don't grow on trees, get her in the fold!" my brain was screaming.

But, I can't. I don't exactly have the Midas touch when it comes to acquiring new friends. More often than not, after people become friends with me their lives inevitably just get fucked up. It's a weird coincidence and I'm not saying that *I* am to blame, but it has happened more than once which is cause for pause. If, shortly after becoming friends with me, your boyfriend were to dump you and then force you into a situation where you still had to live with him as his roommate because you couldn't find anywhere else to live... If, shortly after becoming friends with me, you leave your relatively secure job for a new exotic position which turned out to be managed by a psycho and then when you were laid off were prevented from returning to the previous secure job because of the previously mentioned psycho... Well, if these things happened to you, you'd be wondering about the kharma too. I'm just saying.

Off to the dump to rid my car of boxes -- woo hoo!

No comments:


Popular Posts