Saturday, May 22, 2004

The thing is that I really hate to shower. Especially on the weekends. It's not even that I'm a "dirty girl" in any sense of the world. (Well, maybe in one sense but that was in a former life..) It's because I'm a girly girl that I hate it. All of the rites and rituals and so forth that go along with taking a shower, I really hate it. I know that once I step in the shower, it's going to be a minimum of 30 minutes before I'm going to be available to the public again. Probably closer to 45.

Because once I get in the shower, I've got to wash and buff everything and usually shave a bunch of it too. It's ridiculous. Then when I'm out of the shower, I've got to moisturize and volumize and dry off. Got to do the drying part because otherwise my hair dries FUN-KEEE. Then, I've got to put a coat of war paint on so I can stand to look at myself in the mirror (otherwise I just feel like my pores are staring back and mocking me) and THEN I'm ready. That's just almost an hour of my life that I can't get back. Added up over a year, at 365 days in a year, that works out to be a little over 15 days!! That's two weeks of my life in my shower/post-shower ritual.

Sad. I'd love to write more about it, but I've got to go you know...

No comments:


Popular Posts