Monday, May 24, 2004

More from the Diary of Bridezilla

Copyright pending?

So, here's the deal. I have to make about 1000 decisions concerning the wedding and the minute details. I have varying degrees of input from all of my "sources." Some helpful (ie -- agree with me)and some not (ie -- don't agree with me). It's enough to make you lose your mind over the craziest stuff. Every time I think I tackle an issue, something else pops up to replace it... Isn't there some mythological creature who has several heads and one grows back to replace it when you cut it off?

And no, I'm not thinking about starfish.

It's very very frustrating. Particularly when it's over the simplest thing and I'm agonizing over it for days. You can't even begin to relate to the HOURS I spent pouring over invitations, agonizing over which ones I wanted -- only to feel all of the wind depleted from my sails when my parents pronounced them "weird." My mother wouldn't even help me fold them. I mean, that's messed up, right?

And now, it's table decorations. Frankly, I'm tired of thinking about them. I have MUCH more important things that need to be addressed, like I don't know -- the wedding ceremony hasn't been planned. But no, I've got to spend more hours agonizing over pillar candles versus floating candles versus tealights on sticks. I mean, is this really that serious? Did Princess Grace have to think about this stuff?

No, of course not -- she had "people" and she wasn't on a budget. Friggin' budget is the problem here. Every time I spend money I have to mentally run the numbers again. If you really want to help, throw some money on it and help it to go away.

And the worst part is that I really do want to let people help, but I don't want to give up control. If I gave up control, I'd be wearing a $800 wedding dress with a train and a sequined veil and be getting married at the officer's club -- and I'm not even marrying an officer.

It's just crazy. I have a whole stand-up routine worked out that I'm planning on performing in my wedding dress, so I can try to recoup some of the money.

Meanwhile, the Groom is coasting on his high horse because he went to get his tuxedo today so I can "get off of his back." That sure is a nice thing to say to someone who has about 1000 more things to take care of then just getting a tux, for the love of God. But, that always devolves back to "but I didn't want this thing, you did."

Which is true. How do you argue with that??

No, seriously -- how DO you argue with that, because I sure could use a comeback! :)

Off to drink -- the only thing that can save me from the craziness.

H.

No comments:


Popular Posts