Friday, May 21, 2004

If I could save Blond in a bottle...

Many people have often said to me that they will always think of me as a blonde. This is usually said in a complimentary way, which seems odd to me. Not that I mind the ditziness often associated with blondeness, as frankly it really applies, but I just feel so boxed in. What about being a brunette? I bet I could be cute in that too.

I went through a period of some Goth red stuff and I got a lot of interesting reactions out of that. Usually -- wow, now there's a color you don't often find outside of Crayola. I have a friend who calls me Red to this day, which many people who have met me in my post auburn days really don't get.

But, still. If people think of me as a blonde, then I'm all about pleasing the people. But the problem is that it gets pretty expensive to keep funding the blonde and really keeping it blonde. I'm considering starting a campaign to collect money to Keep Heather Blonde or Save the Roots or something. (I'm not terribly creative when it comes to titles, note the title of the blog for pity's sake.) Would people contribute?

You say you've always thought of me as a blonde and in fact, prefer it that way?? Hmmm... Well, I accept cash, checks and money orders and am currently working out a deal with Visa. ("If you want to Keep Heather Blonde, the only card accepted is Visa.") But, perhaps Mastercard would be a good option thought. ("Visit to hair salon for highlights and a haircut: $100. Keeping Heather Blonde? Priceless.)

Just some thoughts out of my dizzy blonde head...

H.

No comments:


Popular Posts