Saturday, May 29, 2004

Even though I just recently turned 31, I didn't really realize I was starting to get old and settled until tonight.

Plan was for me to hang out with HP2, and while we were hanging out Scott called and asked us to meet him out. I was interested, because let's face it I love to hang out with the man, but she wasn't really feeling going "out out." But, then when I got in the car to drive her home, she had a change of heart. So, we drove out to little place where he and his friends were doing karaoke and picked him up and then drove to another place...

The thing is that I'm just not that interested in the bar scene anymore. I have more fun laughing and joking in the car on the way to the bar than I ever seem to at the bar itself. There's just a whole lot of people having a whole lot to drink and trying to get laid. Not that there is ANYTHING wrong with that -- been there, done that, have the t-shirt to prove it. But, I don't miss it. There's never a time when I am sitting around on a Friday or Saturday nigth with Scott wishing I could be hanging out with a bar, doing the meet market flirtation dance. Ick. I enjoy going out once in a while, but the thought of that being a regular part of my routine again doesn't interest me at all.

Not sure why either, because I like to drink. And when I've got my mind to it, I'm pretty good at it, too. Maybe it's because I don't have big drinking social circle anymore or maybe because I'd just rather have quiet time at home with my baby or maybe it's both. I mean, I don't get my hackles up and fight against it if someone suggest going out -- I'm more than willing to roll. But, it's nothing like the times in my life when I felt like a social pariah if I didn't have plans for BOTH nights of the weekend and something to fill in Sunday too.

And now it's 2am and I'm still awake and that's just ridiculous!

No comments:


Popular Posts