Saturday, August 11, 2007

Oh yes, it was ladies' night



There is so infrequently a ladies' night that it's actually a blog topic. It was a mini holiday. Crazy!



Friday was a long work day. I didn't get a lot of sleep Thursday night. Everyone that sits around me is off work on Fridays, so no social interaction to help me get through it. The weater was threatening to do terrible things. And we're all broke.



It just seemed like the factors were going against us.



But, Tina had a hall pass and Kay was in denial of just how badly she needed a pick me up. And, me -- I just wanted to be around high voices, as Julia would say.



So, we pushed through and decided to make a go of it.



Tina and I went to Kay's and had a pre-dinner nip. Tina and I had the added thrill of Kay having possession of the 1978 yearbook from the high school where we both had also graduated from -- some years later than that... Then, we decided to walk to the Thai restaurant I had insisted we eat at.



I love Thai food. The combinations of the flavors and the way the spices just creep up... It's awesome. I think the soup was actually my favorite thing. It was this coconut milk with hot chili sauce and cilantro and shrimp. The heat just kept rising slowly but stopped at a nice level. It was just awesome. I know, I'm saying awesome a lot, but it just was.



Then we decided to go to walk down Granby Street and wound up at this new club called Club 7. Another friend of mine wants to go there for her birthday in September, so it was partly curiousity on my part.



I haven't had that much fun dancing since a bachelorette weekend! We met this older gay couple when we first got there and for some reason, they were just really taken with me. We really hit it off and and were just having a blast. They bought our first round of martinis.



The club has 3 levels. The first level is just for chilling, the second is supposed to be techno and then the top level is hip hop. We went up to the techno level and there was music playing but no one there at all. So, Tina and I put on a show for ourselves. Some of the body guards from the other levels would come in and watch for a while. Kay didn't dance, but she was having a laugh riot watching us.



Then we went to the hip hop level... It was like Junior High. The boys were on one side, the girls were on the other. Minimal interaction and NO dancing. We got out as soon as we got there and started dancing. Grabbed some dudes from the sidelines and pulled them in to the show. I tried several times to get people from the sidelines on the floor dancing. Sometimes I was successful, but most of the time not. I was like a cruise director for the club or something.

I do not understand why things have to wait until midnight to start happening. If that's when you've had enough to drink to let your inhibitions loose then you either have too many inhibitions or you just need to start drinking earlier. It's that simple.

Anyways, it's taken me too long to try to record the events. They're not as fresh anymore. We had a wonderful time, and I can't wait to go out and be in the company of high voices again.

No comments:


Popular Posts