Friday, June 08, 2007

You know, it's the dumbest thing. I don't know why I let some anonymous mean person get under my skin. It's not like it's the first time I have ever been the victim of an anonymous mean person -- I did work in collections. But I guess I just don't understand the point of visiting someone's blog and then saying something nasty.

Like, it's not like this is a GOOD blog -- so why bother?

But regardless, really I want to know why does it bother me?

I deleted the comment in the haze of a really bad hangover, but basically the gist was that I was a drama whore, my life must be really dull and by the way my frequent references to "let your fingers get all pruney in it" is stolen from a movie -- how original.

Okay, I honestly did not know that I stole this line. So, does that count? I don't remember seeing the movie that had the line in it, but it doesn't matter because I would give the movie credit if I had known that I had lifted it. I just always like the idea of metaphorically soaking in something until the point your fingers get pruney.

And I don't know why I get so upset about the drama whore implications. I mean, the point of the comment was sarcasm. I know that I'm dramatic and I know that I'm into other people's drama. I recognize this is a problem. And the thing is that if my life weren't a little dull, then I would have my own drama to deal with and let me just tell you that as fascinated as I am with it -- I am completely miserable when I have any real shit to deal with.

And I have had real shit to deal with, random rogue commenter.

I also think that a lot of life is about the drama. Some of it is actually real -- but there would not be entire industries devoted to what the fuck Paris Hilton is doing if there weren't many people interested in inane drama.

But I don't know why I let some random rude cow get to me.

No comments:


Popular Posts