Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Meme

I was trolling around folks' blogs and came across this term. Since I am the most arrogant/self-loathing person I know, this appeals to my arrogance.

"This" is meme -- I'm not good at definitions, but you know those emails that you get where you have to say what time it is and what's your favorite food and all that crap? Those are apparently versions of meme's. (Not sure if this is pronounced meem or mem or me-me, but I like the me-me.)

Anyways, the blogs I fell through were of more creative women -- like women who make couches while procrastinating on cleaning their houses instead of watching the crap that's stored up on TiVo -- and one of them had a meme to list 6 weird things about you... So, I thought it was fun...

1. I like to pluck stray hairs and they don't have to be mine. I see something growing where it's not supposed to be growing and I'm going for it. God invented Tweezerman for a reason.

2. In that vein, I enjoy unclogging drains manually. There's just something really satisfying about pulling big clumps of hair out of a drain and knowing it's going to do its job again.

3. I still sleep with a teddy bear. It started out as a comfort thing, but now it's just a body position thing. If I don't have my arms in a certain way, then I just can't sleep.

4. I have found this isn't that strange, but sometimes I really like the way bad things smell. Like skunks and gasoline and swamps.

5. Sometimes Scott and I will fight about my lack of housecleaning skills, but the thing he doesn't realize is that all he needs to do is really get my dander up and I will go into a cleaning frenzy. I have no idea what this is about. "I'll show him, give him a clean kitchen and pet-hair free carpets!"

6. Secretly, (not anymore) I really like a lot of country stuff. Especially primitive looking things, not the ducks and Holly Hobbies and what the fuck ever. But since Scott really hates it and most people my age tend to mock it, I just suppress it. It's one of the reasons that my house doesn't really have a put together themey look to it though -- I just want metal stars and grapevine shit. And I've never felt more ashamed. :)

No comments:


Popular Posts