Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lame Interviews and Fat Church

I interviewed for an internal promotion today. It's a teeny step and not even something I'm honestly sure I wanted, but... I was ridiculously nervous during the interview. Ridiculous. I could not think of the answers to anything and really think I blew it. This makes me think that if/when we do move to Charlotte, I'm afraid that Scott is going to have to get some amazing job because I don't want to interview for another job ever again.

Think of a time it was critical that you understood someone. What? I'm not a General, I'm not handling bombs, what kind of situation could come up that is critical that I understood someone? And I just gave the lamest answers. I just wanted to crawl under the table or better yet just leave. Yup, that's all I've got folks. There are no good answers in here. My job is not critical. And the other questions were equally as generic and yet almost life or death related. (Not that I can remember them because my brain has been erased by the stress and then relief that at least it's over with.) Sigh.

It's one thing to think you don't interview well, it's another to know.

And then I went to Fat Church, which is only what I call it in my head as we are not allowed to use the F-word at Weight Watchers. I realized on the way home that I haven't really written about how that's going in a while, which is funny to me for some reason. (A lot of things are funny to me for some reason, most of which generally are not funny to other people.) When I wrote the highlights of 2004, I had a hard time finding posts that weren't about losing weight. I bet you're thinking that I haven't been doing it, that I fell off the wagon. But, that's not true. It's really just that it's become part of my life, part of my routine. So, I'm still losing weight (down 27 pounds), and I'm happy about it but I try not to be so focused on it in my conversation all the time...

Not that I'm always successful. See, Weight Watchers has become my church and I guess that makes the scale my demi-god that I pray in front of weekly. I make sacrifices for my "god" and I try to live a life that my god would approve of. The meeting leader is life the preacher and she gives sermons and words that we are to live by. I feel uplifted when I leave and ready to stay on track. The people all have similar belief systems and some of them are more strident in their beliefs than others. We offer each other strength and encouragement. We spread the word to "outsiders" and try to get new members. It IS Fat Church and I really do love it. Because, how can I not? 27 pounds is a lot of weight to put down and I have a ways to go but don't even feel discouraged or scared by that because I know it's going to be okay.

No comments:


Popular Posts