Wednesday, October 05, 2005

another exciting post about my weight loss journey - oh boy.

Got good news on the scale tonight -- I lost 2.6 pounds. I'm down about 13.6, which means that I'm averaging almost 2 pounds a week -- which is what you're supposed to aim for!

The thing about this that is a little intimidating to me is that if I continue on this same pattern even through the rough holiday times, then by the end of the year I could be down to about half of my goal weight. That would be amazing!!

Amazing.

But, also a bit unrealistic given the tempations of the season. Though I will say that one of the greatest up sides of having a small family is that the holidays are not usually filled with food for me. Since I myself do not bake, the only exposure I have is around my mom. And since she won't have anyone but herself to bake for... Well, never mind -- that doesn't stop her, my dad never really ate sweets anyways!

So, I have decided that I will be satisfied if I can lose the next 15 or so pounds to put me at my next personal "mini" goal and STAY there through the holidays, then I have accomplished more than many.

I mean, good Lord, a woman can only resist but so many cookies in her life.

So, my tip (if you happen to be a fellow Weight Watcher person who stumbled onto my blog) is if you're not going to capital E exercise, then find little ways to sneak it in a little bit. Scott and I have been shooting hoops a little bit, as we've talked about. I park my car as far from the door as I can in the morning and I try to take the stairs. (Though, to be honest, I'm far more successful at taking them down than I am up.) But, in general, I try to find little ways to sneak in walking throughout the day. I take a short walk on at least one of my breaks. If I have reading to do for school, I try to at least walk over to a further break area to sit to do the reading. I really believe that some of these little things must be paying off.

Maybe believing is enough, who knows?

No comments:


Popular Posts