Thursday, November 25, 2004

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I have a lot to be thankful for this year... It helps to remember that while getting ready for a day that has not much more purpose than eating to it. And preparing for eating and cleaning up after eating. And for many people, driving far away or flying far away just to eat.
I think it would be much easier if Thanksgiving wasn't so close to Christmas. Thanksgiving is what starts all the hub-bub so rather than actually enjoying the holiday, many of us are grumbling to ourselves that this is the start into the downward spiral which is Christmas.
But, I have a lot to be thankful for so I'm going to try to overlook all of that for a few hours.
I have my husband whom I adore and who mostly adores me. I have my parents, who love and support me and who hopefully will be around for a while to continue to do so. I have so many amazing friends who give me inspiration and help me smooth out the rough edges in my life. I'm working on getting my degree, which is a slow process but maybe one day...
I have a lot to be thankful for -- I can bitch tomorrow. :-)


No comments:


Popular Posts