Thursday, July 10, 2008

We're doing life baby!

Today's our anniversary. Four years, for those of you taking bets. I thought I would spend it blogging because that would be romantic.

We had Mexican for dinner in honor of our wedding food. Over dinner we re-visited our most recent discussion which is this.

Chickens and eggs.

It started innocently enough. We were reviewing things we needed to get from the store on our drive home from our visit to C'ville (pictures WILL be coming....) and I asked if we still had eggs and if they were any good. Scott stated that since they had not turned into chickens, he assumed they were still okay for eating. I laughed and assumed that he was kidding, because eggs you buy from the grocery store do not turn into chickens.

This is when the discussion became surreal.

Scott: They don't turn into chickens because they have been refrigerated.
Me: It wouldn't matter if they have been refrigerated, even if you left them on the counter they wouldn't turn into chickens because they haven't been fertilized.
Scott: So, you're saying that you don't think chickens come from eggs?
Me: Chickens come from eggs, but not the eggs at the store.
Scott: But, Heather, if the eggs from the store come from chickens, then how can they not be chicken eggs?
Me: (STILL not sure if I am being fucked with or not) They are chicken eggs, but they are not eggs that will be chickens. Again, have not been fertilized.
Scott: What do you think that white thing is? It's a chicken!
Me: So, what you are saying is that when we bring home the eggs from the store under the right light and conditions that we would have chickens?
Scott: Where else do you think that chickens come from??

Sigh.

And he thinks I am silly for thinking that pollen was combustible. Yet, he turns this into I don't think chickens come from eggs. JUST because I didn't think that cows ran, DOESN'T mean I don't know where chickens come from!

Anyways, we're doing life so we'll have time to figure it out.

hpl

1 comment:

Take Me Back to VA said...

Its not obligation. Its a lifestyle. Plus this keeps us way more connected. And if atleast you feel like I am listening, there will always be "the show".

I am with you btw. The grocery store eggs are supposed to have come from chickens who are kept separate from roosters and thus create unfertilized eggs. Different chickens are used to create more chickens. At least, that is my understanding. Maybe we should field trip to a poultry farm. Oh if anyone who reads this knew that joke. Oh well.
Maybe I'll do some research.

And cows don't run. They can I suppose. But I've never seen them do it. *wink*


Popular Posts