Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things I don't understand

My health insurance plan
The continued popularity of Survivor -- and I am a Big Brother fan, so I should get it
Phony people
How George Bush sleeps at night
Did I like The Dark Knight because it was actually a good movie or because of the tragic aspect of Heath Ledger dying or because I actually just liked it?
How to have my picture taken and keep my eyes open and not look like I just got frightened
How to have a neat looking Facebook page
....why this is important to me?
My inability to resist eating carbs knowing that my pants won't fit tomorrow
Why I don't go to bed right now knowing that I will be tired and cranky and unfocused tomorrow
(We can summarize these things into -- why I don't learn from my little mistakes but triumph over the big ones)
How the US is going to get out of this big mess we've gotten ourselves into -- even I do not have this much optimism
The continued popularity and interest in Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, et al -- plenty of pretty young women get drunk and trash their lives on a regular basis, even here in Tidewater -- who cares if they're famous?
Quantum physics
How big the universe is
Why it even matters if there is a God
...and it does matter to me, even though it doesn't seem like to some people
How to get my husband to eat at least the vegetables that I will eat -- I mean, this is a short list
how to get motivated to want to lose weight AND keep it off
...or how to just not care
Why I buy clothes assuming that I am always going to like my body as much as I do the day I go shopping
how to end this rambling post

1 comment:

Take Me Back to VA said...

so how do we start this group blog thing?


Popular Posts