Thursday, December 07, 2006

Why is it that whenever I cut my hair off my husband suddenly wants me to grow it shoulder length? A style that I have been saying I think I wanted to try but he would not validate.

Why does the world seem so absurd sometimes? I cannot relate to anything or anyone for long periods of time. What's my character's motivation? Why am I interested?

I'm never going to be able to tell you the truth about how I feel about you and it's killing me.

And that sentence is true for so many people in so many different ways.

Here is what I find annoying (I think I've said this before) -- why is it that I can lift weights a couple of times a week and never get any stronger? What is that about?

If I know what's going to happen to you, is it because I'm psychic, a know-it-all, or you just keep making the same dumb-ass mistakes all the time?

And, what is the being right thing about? Why the fuck do I have to be right all the time? That is so obnoxious. If I never solve anything else about my character, I really wish I could fix this. Man, it's disgusting. I don't want to be right all the time. I want you to be right and I really want not to care that I don't get to be right.

I can't believe I am going to have to study to get a D on a test. I mean, I know that's arrogant, but that's because I'm arrogant about this. I always bought in to my own hype that I'm smart. But, if I were smart, I would not have to study hard to get a D. That's not fair.

Travis figured out tonight that Scott and I's "act" is that we sell each other. The thing I sell him on is that he wants to take care of me and nurture me and the thing he sells me on is that he can do all of that and more. We're not always successful selling each other, but I guess it makes a fun show to watch.

I know it's wrong but sometimes I think we like being in love in front of people. Our kind of love. The goofy dysfunctional kind. We like to show it off and see if people think it's as cool as we do.

But there's a lot of expectations that go along with show-offy love and I think sometimes we let each other down.

You can't put on the show all the time.

I think the reason I like to take a week of at Christmas is that I like to pretend it's high school break. Take time to be with my friends and family. Hang out and talk to them. And in these fantasies we're always drinking hot beverages. Usually spiked with rum.

Hmm, I'll have to call HP2 and pass this on as a suggestion...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you and your hair;)
Hope the holidays are bearable...
We will be in Norfolk the 28th and 29th of December so maybe if you are not too busy you can join us for an evening;)Or maybe lunch or something Saturday?
Good Luck---It's worth it...

Love!
Lori


Popular Posts