Monday, August 29, 2005

Weight WATCH

POINTS CONSUMED: 28

Today was the first OFFICIAL day on the weight watchers plan. (I started yesterday, but no office temptations made it easy.)

I'm a little hungry.

But, so far -- I enjoy it. It's so nice to think about healthy, low point options instead of "I can't believe I am this fat" all the time. Although, I really think that I think about food now more than I ever have in my life -- more than Julia Child did! In fact, I think about food more now than before I started a diet. But, I guess that's the point. I didn't think about food, I just put it in my mouth. And the thing is that I really did not eat massive amounts of crazy stuff, because it doesn't take that much. Bing!

It's really only because I have been keeping track of what I have been eating, that I have any idea of just how much I was eating before. I didn't think twice about nibbling on some chips while I was deciding what to have for dinner. (And by nibbling, I mean eating half a bag.) The chips would then become the dinner. Until I got to grazing again and I might have a frozen pizza. Or a bottle of wine. (Hey, it's kind of fruit.)

Anyways, I'm a little hungry. But, just a little. And, I'm kind of hoping that after the initial fervor dies down that I can stop thinking about points, but more specifically stop talking about them. Last year, I was in a class for work where about half the women in the class were on a diet and that was all that they talked about. How they couldn't eat this and they couldn't eat that and how they couldn't believe I was eating the other. It just drove me up the friggin' wall. Especially, since in most people's opinions, none of them needed to be on a diet. Some of them could use a sandwich. When you are thinking about your weight, never use a supermodel as your idea of what you should weigh, because newsflash -- there's a lot of airbrushing in magazines.

So far, so good. First weigh in Wednesday night.

No comments:


Popular Posts