Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Drama, drama, drama

Somehow I got a reputation for being dramatic... Pause for anyone who knows me to laugh so hard they pee...

Kickball tonight... There is another Heather on my team. She is only 3 years younger than me, but has much less maturity. Say what you want about me, but I'm not immature. Not being a grown-up and being immature are different, IMHO.

Anyway.

Other Heather was seeing some guy for 4.5 months -- of which, she admits he "ignored" her for about half of. She got dumped for some other random girl. Very bitter, drinking lots -- TONS of drama. At first, I really like listening to the drama. Listen to her revel in it as I can see her fingers get all pruney from being immersed in the drama... It's weird to me, that she does not understand that she is immersed in drama, but what can you do? At one point, I have all but tried to explain to her that I am older, this is drama, this too shall pass.... But, I also understand that she's only going to have to learn this on her own, and it is SO frustrating. SO.

I'm not sure I can have children and watch them learn things on their own.

I can see that this guy is not the first mistake she is going to make... I don't know, after making this many mistakes myself, I guess I just have a sense of it. Which I imagine is somewhat parent-like... I see her making the mistakes, I know how she can stop herself from making them, but I know that there is nothing I can say to her that is going to change her course... Frustrating... But I know I was the same way -- at any age. It's always like this. You just have to go through it. It doesn't matter what anyone says or does, it 's your own experience. You always think -- they do NOT know. No matter what they went through, it's not like this...

I hate getting old and having experience. I hate that that experience only counts in MY world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaa...have a job where that's ALL you deal with all day...
I remember the drama days...Oh and I am SURE Maria has some stories...
This kickball thing must be contagous...
loves!
lori


Popular Posts