Sunday, February 20, 2005

Full Frontal Heather

Someone said of me the other day "what would a day be like without Heather?" I was forced to comment, you know -- sometimes I'd like to know. I'm all Heather, all the time -- it's more ever-present than CNN.

I hope I don't sound overly arrogant when I say that I am aware that I am amusing. My odd, non sequitur thoughts are original to people, and they never fail to comment how much they appreciate my left-field sense of humor. What they don't realize is that not everyone gets me. I am quite often alone in groups. I can't relate to a lot of people and they can't really relate to me. Here YOU are, reading the thoughts inside my head. Maybe you think this gives you a clue what it's like. But, it doesn't. It's a strange place up there. The randomest things people say remind me of things even more random -- and unlike most "normal" people I seem to lack the filter to stop saying them.

Ever heard of that lead balloon?

Yeah. That's how it is most of the time. I've always been a little odd. When I started public school in the fourth grade, I couldn't have stood out more if I had been lacking opposable thumbs. My clothes weren't quite right, I was forever just missing the latest fad. I had THIS personality when I was 15. To be perky yet sarcastic in a teenager's body? I didn't quite fit in with the misfits and I didn't fit in the in crowd. I was just me.

Odd.

So, what would a day be like without Heather? Who knows? I don't think I would want to be anyone else, because I kind of like the view from here. So, don't get me wrong -- I'm not downing who I am. But, sometimes it would be interesting to see things from some other vantage point. To figure out how and why people do see things the way they do. How having Heather in their day really does impact it...

I'd like to know that. Wouldn't we all like to have a George Bailey day?

No comments:


Popular Posts