Thursday, September 04, 2008

I can't believe I have to blog about this again!

So, I'm trolling through my blogs, checking in. Doesn't take long, most of my regular reads post about as often as I do. (ahem) And in one of them, our heroine is trying to work up the nerve to ask a guy out. It's a particularly harrowing experience for her because she is on a major weight loss journey. Several commenters log on to cheer her on and one of them said to be sure to read The Rules .

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I mean, the GD RULES?!

I tried to read this crap back in 2002 and probably blogged about it then. (No, I ran a search and hit nothing.)

Anyways, the point is that in 200-freaking-8 are we STILL talking about The GD Rules?!?!

This really makes my blood boil, as evidenced by all the exclamation marks. I confes I haven't read it completely because I can't. It just makes me physically sick.

It's just horrifying that there are still women who swear by this book. That's crap. Pretending not to care and not to be available. It's just games and bullshit. You have to be kidding me? This is how you have to get a man, by not being "too available" -- whatever the fuck that means.

I mean, hello -- you wouldn't be going on dates if you weren't available. You would be in a relationship. I'm not saying show up to your first date in a wedding dress or compare the names of your future unborn children after the first time you have sex, but seriously. How can there still be women who exist who still want to play this game?

Because once you reel him in with this game, then what you have won as a prize is a man who liked to play games? And ladies, we're not talking about Tiddly Winks here. It's the kind of game that never, ever ends. Because once you stop playing, well -- what have you got? A confused man who doesn't recognize you because you've been hiding behind some facade of mantrapment for the last however long.

Blech -- I just friggin' hate The Rules. Even more than the Republican National Convention. THAT should tell you something.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Tina forwarded me the following quote:

I can't understand it. I can't even understand the people who can understand it.
- Queen Juliana


Popular Posts