Sunday, June 08, 2008

Shiny

As most people who have ever stayed over night in our house know, our cat Baby Girl (fka Josie) likes to hunt shiny things.

She finds the shiny thing and then "roars" over it to let all the other cats in the house kingdom know that she is a bad ass and not to be messed with. Or so Scott thought.

But over the last couple of years, this devotion to shiny things has turned into a devotion for black shiny shoes. Specifically MY black shiny shoes. Only black and only with some sheen. I believed that this was related to a separation anxiety over a litter she may have had and had to give up.

Then I realized that she is in fact turned into a shoe diva.

First, she started by capturing an old pair of water shoes that I purchased when I had a misguided notion I was going to take a water aerobics class. Then, she moved on to a pair of ballet like flats that are casual but dressy. Recently however she decided that she needed to present a more business like demeanor and started showing a preference for a pair of black loafer I have. (The buckles apparently still fulfilling the shiny requirement.) But, now she has gone too far. A few days ago, in the spot where she normally leaves her "babies", she had dropped off one of my Etienne Aigner shoes! I mean, I got them on sale and it's not Manola Blahnik but it's as close to designer I'm ever going to get.

The girl has gone diva and we are going to throw down! I appreciate your love for shiny girl but you better recognize!

3 comments:

FVJ said...

Weren't you the one that told me about the lady who used to train dolphins? So I'm ignoring the bad behavior and rewarding the good.
Great blog! I like shiny things too! Luv ya!

Heather said...

No, tell me the story about the dolphin training lady of great supporter of blogging...

Kimberly said...

Our cat "kills" socks. He hunts them, plays with them, and then sets in for the kill. After the poor sock is "dead" he howls until we acknowledge what a fierce hunter he is. I am glad he leaves shoes alone :o)


Popular Posts