Wednesday, May 14, 2008

WHY doesn't Heather blog anymore?

1. No one besides Julia cares. And Rose apparently. I'm not bitter, I'm just saying.

2. I really don't have much to say. Well, much blog-worthy stuff. For a long time, it's been drunk philosophical ranting, and whining or bragging about my weight issues (depending on which way the pendulum was swinging). I mean, if you want to read that stuff, just go to the archives.

3. I don't have children. Mommy blogging seems to be the thing for women my age and I don't have kids.

4. Yet, I don't party all the time. So, no night after night of drunking partying isn't going to be a great story.

5. I watch a lot of tv. Too much tv. No one gives a crap about all the tv I watch, my opinions about the tv I watch or my latest comparisons on how much religious imagery plays throughout Smallville. Even if folks DID care, no one watches the stuff I watch. Every time I try to drum up enthusiasm about my favorite shows -- crickets.

6. And further, I have tried to write reviews about stuff I like to watch and read and my reviewing skills are lacking.

7. I work full time and go to school. When I DO have free time, I usually don't have enough material to muster up something worth reading. So, lack of material is an issue again.

8. Poor memory. I never remember anything for long enough to save up witty stories about it. Which is kind of too bad, because I'm kind of dingy so silly things happen to me all the time. Like the other day, I was somewhere and something happened and then I said the funniest thing... And everyone LAUGHED, but do I remember any of what happened? No. I have killed brain cells I need for functioning.

9. While lack of an audience is a thing, too much audience is another. What if I want to bitch about someone and then it turns they're one of my 3 readers? AWKward!

10. I just kind of don't want to as much as I used to. I really used to love coming to my blog and pouring out my stuff. But there are so many blogs out there and most of them are WAY better than anything I could come up with. So, maybe I'm competitive and because I can't compete I choose not to play?

11. I get easily distracted while I'm on line. I start posting but then I remember I have to pay a bill or look up something I needed to buy or see what Britney's up to or play a game of hearts or see what the Woot! of the day is. It's a problem, but whatever. It is my problem.

I ran out of reasons.

I have always wanted to team blog with someone because I think that would be fun, but Julia won't do it and Rose has 30000 other blogs. Rose, betwee myspace and twitter and facebook and whozit and aol and yahoo and google -- are you EVER out of touch?? ;-)

That's all I'm saying.

hpl

2 comments:

Rosebud said...

ha ha...you sooo have given me something to blog about. And I'm being serious about that. I will get to that as soon as I am done answering all the emails, facebook and myspace messages, ims, voicemails, texts, and twitters ; - P That should be after the reality of my real world schedule of finals and that damn adult thing called a JOB!

Kimberly said...

You can add me to your list of readers. I check a list of about ten blogs once a week (more if I am bored!)

Of course, you update YOUR blog way more than I update mine, so I can't complain at all :o)


Popular Posts