Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Catching up with Heather's Head...


(That's sure to generate some traffic from the naughty Googlers with other things in mind...)

BLISS! I have the bliss fever. I have been so happy and just so generally content lately. My (mother-derived) pessimistic side wonders when the other shoe is going to drop -- but, ultimately I'm just happy.

Here's an example of my mom... I tell her that I learn in my Family Sociology class that the divorce statistic is greatly overrated. "They" say that 50% of marriages end in divorce. In fact, that number is skewed. The number of divorces per year is 50% of the number of marriages per year. However, not everyone gets married that same year. SO, the number of divorces happens to be half of the NEW marriages per year -- but out of all of the people that are still married, this is actually a fairly small percentage. Eye-opening, isn't it? I tell this to my mom and she sends me the following article: The Shelf Life of Bliss. The shortest summary of this article is that bliss' shelf life is 3 years. She happens to send this to me last week, just before our 3 year anniversary (which is today). I mean, damn. Thanks Mom -- next time, just send a card!

Yes sir, today is our 3 year anniversary. You know... When I was growing up, my parents didn't always do a big thing on their anniversary. And I never understood that -- I mean, isn't this THE day?? But, now. I get it. It's not about the stuff. It's not about anything, really, other than we really like each other (which is a MUCH bigger deal, I think, than the loving) and enjoy being together. I think we should overcome our shelf life. :)

Heading down to see my friend the Librarian and her new baby and new house for the next few days. Pretty excited and nervous. I'm coming bearing a gift which I hope she will like. I'll post the picture the next time I'm near the computer with the photo stuff attached. (don't have to worry about blowing the surprise -- she hasn't read the old blog in years).

But right on the verge of mini-break I'm getting ear infection. Got any great home remedies? That will work in the next few hours?

that's all for now... dippy happy... 3 years down, life to go... Harry Potter month to revel in ahead!

2 comments:

Cattiva said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years! Happy Belated - get those pictures up!

Anonymous said...

Three years since I scraped icing out of your nose and ears? Really...
Three years since Bridal blonde?
Awesome;)
Lori


Popular Posts