Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Now that's friggin' funny

I can't help it. I think I'm funny. It's a problem. Other people do find me funny, but definitely not as funny as I do. I am definitely my biggest fan. I would go to my stand-up show every night I was in town.

I re-read my old blog stuff and I find myself laughing like some unknown person came up with these clever, clever stuff. Half the time, I'm impressed with myself all over again at some of the stuff I have said. I mean, the old stuff - the 03 and 04 stuff. You know, when I used to write.

But, it is a problem. I diffuse every situation with humor. My emotions have to be at an extreme for me to not find a joke in most situations. I've been in a mentoring role with some of the new claims hires this past month, and it's been hard for me to slip into a more professional role and be serious with them. Most of the time I've been pretty unsuccessful -- surprise!

For example, one of the guys (well, there are only 2, which is average for claims world) I have nicknamed Flash because he's almost always out when the bell rings, as it were. We're talking about drinking amongst a small group of us. One of the girls was saying that no one drinks as much as Flash, which I knew was not true. But a Flash was hysterical -- he was all, I've never been hungover, I've never been to work drunk, I've never been sick, etc. I said, what are you checking out AA's website every day and going through the checklist to determine if you have a problem?? At one point, I realized that this was -- as usual -- going over the line of professionalism, but luckily someone needed help and I didn't have to worry about that any more.

And then I don't have a witty thing to wrap this up...

No comments:


Popular Posts