Monday, March 31, 2008

Confirmed Deleted... yet another shameless rip-off from a TV show

HP2 and I had this conversation once, so Lord knows I may have already blogged about it, but what I learned from the writer's strike is that something new once a month is much better than nothing new ever.

You know how you go through your cell phone and clean out old numbers? Sometimes those numbers are just out-dated that the person simply doesn't have or use anymore. But, sometimes those people are out-dated and you don't have or use them anymore. Does it make you feel sad? It does me.

I don't know. I think here is a person that I thought enough to save their phone number into my phone. I thought that this was a person that I was going to get in touch with again and I would want to have their number handy. Then gradually I call them less and they call me less and then it just seems silly to keep the number. But then again, what HARM does it really do to have their number on hand? Maybe it would be fun to... Or we could go to... Or we could watch... Yeah, no -- I'm never going to call that broad again.

I often wonder if these people ever had me saved in their phone. If they kept me there. Sometimes I call people I haven't talked to in a while just to play catch-up. These calls are often filed under "dialing under the influence." It makes me very sad that I don't talk to these folks more but then there is always the bitterness that accompanies that. Well, they don't call ME.

It is often this way. They don't call and I don't call and then it's just vicious cycle of not calling. Because part of what happens when you do the catch up call is the plentiful promises that we MUST get together and we MUST do something. But that just doesn't happen because their calendar is full and so is yours and do you really want to blow an evening with someone whose number you were about to permanently delete from your phone?!?!

So, in order to avoid all that, you leave their number in. As long as it is there, you can call them if you want. You will recognize their number when they call you -- which they won't. Not that I am bitter.

Okay, a lot bitter as the paragraph I just deleted attested to, but not cripplingly so. Which is good.

So, the next time you purge your phone directory (or your email addresses which is what prompted this post), think about those people. Take a moment to say a little goodbye because it is like they are dying -- you're calling it. Time of death, 10:52 pm EDT.

It's such a sad... Oh, sorry -- Daily Show is on, love you mean call you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please write something new, heather, please!
Julia


Popular Posts