Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dear Julia,

Wouldn't it be easier for you to get your own blog not to update? Do you really enjoy these forced posts? Do they make you happy?

Perhaps I should retitle the blog, Inside of How Heather is Manipulated by Julia's Need to Read Something More interesting.

That seems a little long.

I'm home ill today. Just a sore throat, but I am a baby when it comes to that. I'll go to work with snot running down my face and headaches and whatever, but you give me a scratchy throat and I want my mommy.

And a vat of ice cream. Which luckily we don't have because if we did have it, we wouldn't anymore.

But, enough about me Julia. Let's talk about you. What do you think of me? WHY do you want me to write when it has been delineated to mindless drivel?

How about a co-blog? I'll add you as an author and you can post articles about white privilege and we can discuss them? You can come up with some of the inane drivel.

I'm tapped out of content. I can't have kids just for the blog content, especially since that will mean I really won't have time to blog.

I haven't read too much for pleasure lately, though I did just finish Jodi Picoult's Vanishing Acts. Gotta tell you, don't get the hype. My Sister's Keeper was much better and had a much better ending and was just a better story over all. I've read several of Ms. Picoult's books and so far, that's still my favorite one.

But, no more pleasure reading for me for a while because I'm back in class and have to read school stuff or I get too far behind and I berate myself. It's weird being back in school, especially now that it's "real" college and not community college. For everyone who tried to humor me that that WAS real school, I respond -- you've never been. I'm not ready for term papers and literary reviews.

Ick.

But, I want to get done.

So much so that I'm sitting around watching lots of crap on tv today instead of doing school stuff.

But, I'm sick so it's okay.

Back to you, Julia. Shall I talk about how disappointed I am that you won't be visiting this month? Or for several months to come? That even though I know you can't afford it, I really was looking forward to hanging out with you and doing silly things like drinking too much and hashing out our old arguments and looking at old pictures.

Okay, I wasn't looking forward to the hashing part, but I know it's going to happen because you told me it had to.

I'm glad you're back in the US and not smoking hookahs lost in Europe anymore.

I'm glad we talk a lot.

I wish you lived closer.

Maybe then you'd stop bugging me to post stuff.

until next month,

H.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, pookie... that's so sweet! I hope you feel better soon, but not so soon that you have to go back to work!


Popular Posts