Thursday, December 22, 2005

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Are you guys really THAT pissed off that I am wishing you happy holidays rather than Merry Christmas?

What if you really are against Christmas, like Scott's best friend?

What if you are Jewish?

What if you are any of the other many religions that do not celebrate Christmas?

I think we have gone overboard in the other direction, yes. How offended are you really if I wish you Merry Christmas but you don't celebrate that holiday? It's not like I called your mom a whore or something, I'm just wishing you well. Hoping you enjoy the paid day off. Whatever. If you don't celebrate it, ignore the well wishes and assume that I was not deliberately trying to assume you are Christian or that you celebrate the holiday.

When did we get so fucking sensitive? I mean, we can't be too worried that the liberal media is taking over the holidays (this is one of the spins I have heard) because W got back in. I think we know just how separate the church and the state really are.

Because, if you are uncertain on this agenda, ask your gay friends when they're going to get married.

And on that note, MERRY FRIGGIN' CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year!

(Hope I didn't offend any Chinese people by not recognizing when THEIR year begins...)

No comments:


Popular Posts